SynopsisThis guide will show you how to configure Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010 using POP3.
Applicable toAll hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- Outlook 2007
- a hosted Exchange 2010 account
- Open Outlook.
- Go to Tools > Account settings.
- In the E-mail tab, click on New.
- Under “Choose E-mail service”, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and th en click on Next.
- Select the Manually configure server settings option at the bottom of the screen.
- Under “Choose E-mail Service”, select Internet E-mail and then click on Next.
- Fill in your Internet E-mail settings mentioned below and then click on More Settings.
Your name: type a name that you want to appear as being displayed
Email address: your e-mail address with us
Account type: choose POP3 in the menu
Incoming mail server: webmail.plexhosted.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.plexhosted.netNote: After authenticating yourself, you will not be able to send out after pressing the Test E-mail Settings button. You will then need to use the SMTP server address of your ISP provider, as their mail server will not allow e-mail relays.
User Name: your email address
Password: your password
- In the Internet E-mail Settings window, click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- For the Incoming Server (POP3), enter 995 and check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). For the Outgoing Server, enter 587 and select TLS for the type of encrypted connection. Then, click on OK.
- Back to “Internet E-mail Settings”, click on Next.
- Click on Close.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsPOP3, configure, setting, SMTP, Outlook 2007, Exchange 2010
- 6 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to share folders in Outlook 2010 Applicable to...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to import an Outlook .pst file into Outlook 2010....
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create shared contacts folders in Outlook 2010....
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create rules in Outlook 2010. Applicable to...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to open a shared folder via OWA with Exchange 2010....