SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create a SharePoint 2010 Approval workflow at the SharePoint 2013 site.
Applicable toPlexHosted SharePoint 2013 Standard and Enterprise accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2013 account
- an existing SharePoint Standard or Enterprise 2013 site
- Log in to your SharePoint 2013 site.
- Navigate to the library or list to which you want to add an approval workflow.
- Go to the Library tab at the ribbon.
- Click on the arrow near the Workflow Settings icon and choose Add a workflow from the menu.
- Select Approval-SharePoint 2010 template for the workflow and specify the name for it.
- Specify the Task List, History List and Start Options for your workflow, then click Next.
- Enter the approvers to the Assign to field in the order in which the tasks should be assigned and chose whether the tasks should be assigned one at a time (in serial) or all at once (in parallel) in the Order field. (You can also add any stages that you want beyond the first one by clicking Add new stage).
- To the Request field enter the message that will be included in each task notification that the workflow sends to the approvers and specify the additional settings for this workflow according to your needs. Click Save.
- Now you can see that approval workflow has been added to your library.
Note: By default, the approval workflow is not activated. If you cannot find approval workflow template in the "Select a workflow template" list box you need to go to Site Settings-Site Collection features and activate Publishing Approval Workflow feature.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.