SynopsisThis guide will show you how to activate Performance Reports at the McAfee Control Console.
Applicable toAll Exchange accounts with McAfee SaaS Email Protection service enabled.
- An Exchange account with McAfee anti-spam/anti-virus service enabled.
When you activate Performance Reports at the McAfee Control Console you need to create a distribution list of the members that will receive these reports. Members in Distribution Lists of this type can be any valid, fully qualified email address. They do not have to reside as Users in the Control Console, and do not need to be associated to the customer’s domain.
Step 1 – Creating new distribution list:
- Sign in to the McAfee Control Console as Customer Administrator. (https://plexhosted.portal.mcafeesaas.com).
- Navigate to the Account Management - Customers tab.
- Click on Distribution Lists hyperlink.
- Click the New button.
- You will be prompted to enter the name of the new Distribution list, type the name and click OK (You need to have pop-ups enabled in your browser).
- In the Members field type the email address of the member you want to add to this list. Distribution Lists can contain any valid recipient email address, including email addresses for a user with an account in the control console, email addresses for a user outside of the control console, distribution group email addresses like “email@example.com”.
- Click on Add to add this member to the distribution list.
Step 2 – Activating the Performance Reports:
- Navigate to Account Management - Customers - Performance Reports.
- Choose the newly created distribution list from the Deliver To drop-down menu.
- Choose the time zone for performance reports.
- Specify the frequency of the performance reports. You can activate weekly performance reports, monthly reports or both of them.
- Click Save.
- Now your performance reports are activated.
- If you want to send performance report immediately, click on Send Now button.
Note: You can use distribution lists not only for receiving performance reports, you can create them to get notifications when users in your organization receive email that violates your content policy (can be enabled at the following place: Email Protection - Policies - Content Groups - Silent Copy) or attachment policy (Email Protection - Policies - Attachments - Filename Policies - Silent Copy).
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.