Applicable toAll PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 site
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer
- Open your SharePoint 2010 site and go to the task list you want to associate the workflow with.
- In the List Tools choose List tab and click on Create Column.
- Specify the name of this new column as “Recurrence” and choose Yes/No (check box) as the type of information. Click OK.
- Run Microsoft SharePoint Designer.
- Open your SharePoint site in Designer.
- Click on the File tab, then on List Workflow. Specify the name for the new workflow and the list to associate with this workflow. Click on Create.
- You will see the 1 step of your workflow. You need to add a condition to it. Choose “if any value equals value” condition by clicking on the Condition button.
- Specify the values for this condition::
- Click on value hyperlink, then on “Define workflow lookup” button and choose Status field from the Field from source drop-down menu.
- Click on equals hyperlink and choose not equals from the drop-down.
- Click on the second value hyperlink and choose Completed.
- Add Stop workflow action to this condition.
- Specify the log message to this action as “The task is not completed yet” by clicking on the “this message” hyperlink.
- Add another “if any value equals value” condition to this step.
- Specify the values for this condition as “If Current Item:Recurrence equals No” .
- Add Stop workflow action to this condition and specify the log message to this action as “No recurrence was established” .
- Add “if any value equals value” condition to this step and specify the values for this condition as “If Current Item:Recurrence equals Yes” .
- Add another “if any value equals value” condition to this condition and specify the values as “If Current Item:Status equals Completed”.
- Add Pause for Duration action to these conditions.
- Specify the duration of the pause that is necessary to you, 7 days, for example.
- Add Create List Item action to these conditions.
- Click on this list hyperlink and choose “Association: Task list” from the drop-down in Create New List Item window
- Choose Title field and click Modify. Click on String Builder button, then on Add or change lookup and choose the Title field from the Field from source drop-down menu.
- Click on Add at the Create New List Item window and add the fields which will contain the data from the initial task in the new item. Set the necessary lookups for them by the same way as in previous step. Add, for example Description and Assigned to fields.
- You can add also additional actions or conditions to create the workflow according to your specific needs. After all conditions and actions were configured, click on Check for Errors button. If there are any mistakes in the steps you will see and correct them.
- Click on the Workflow Settings and check the boxes “Start workflow automatically when the item is created” and “Start workflow automatically when the item is changed” in the start options of this workflow.
- Click on Publish.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.