SynopsisThis guide will show you how to show drop-down menu at the subsite using SharePoint Designer.
Applicable toPlexHosted SharePoint Standard and Enterprise 2010 accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint Standard of Enterprise 2010 account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint Standard of Enterprise 2010 site
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer
- Go to the SharePoint main site.
- Go to Site Actions - Site Settings. And click on the Navigation (Under the Look and Feel header). (If you don’t have Navigation link in your SharePoint Standard or Enterprise site, you need to activate SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure at the Site collection features and SharePoint Server Publishing at the Manage site features).
- Check the box “Show subsites” in the Global Navigation and Current Navigation sections. Click OK.
- Go to the SharePoint subsite, click Site Actions - Site Settings – Navigation. Choose Display the same navigation items as the parent site option at the Global Navigation and check the box “Show subsites”.
- Open the main SharePoint site in the SharePoint Designer. Click on the Master Pages at the Navigation menu.
- Make a copy of the current master page of the main site (SharePoint 2010 uses v4.master by default) and rename it (do not remove .master extension in the new name).
- Choose this copy of the master page and click on Edit page under the customization section.
- Now you can see this master page in the editor tool. Click on the Code view at left bottom corner of the editing window.
- In the code search for SharePoint:AspMenu tag .
- In the properties for the tag, set the StaticDisplayLevels="2" and MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels="0".
- Click on Save button in the SharePoint designer (you may also right click on the tab and then to choose Save).
- Right-click on this new master page in the Master pages folder and choose Set as Default Master Page.
- Now you can review your changes in the SharePoint site.
- Main SharePoint site
- SharePoint subsite.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.