OCS Activation Guide
Thank you for choosing PlexHosted’s Hosted Office Communications Server! We are pleased to inform you that your account has been activated.
PlexHosted has made it a priority to make its Hosted OCS as user-friendly and straightforward as possible so that you can start integrating it in your business right away.
Please take a few minutes to carefully read this guide and review our knowladge base at plexhosted.com/billing/knowledgebase. Doing so will allow you to easily and successfully get your Hosted OCS solution up and running. If you don't find the answer to your question on our support site, you can email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Let's get started !
Step 1: Hosted OCS Client Requirements
- High-speed internet connection
- Windows XP with SP2 or Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Internet Explorer 7 or 8 or Firefox 3.X.
- Minimum of 1 Gb or more of RAM
- Windows and Office Updated with the latest security and service packs.
- A headset or other universal serial bus (USB) audio device, or speakers and a microphone.
- A half-duplex or full-duplex sound card. (Half-duplex audio will allow only one person to speak at a time, while full-duplex audio will allow two people or more to speak simultaneously.)
- To make video calls, you must have a webcam connected to your computer. (Note that you can receive video calls without a webcam and view the caller’s video stream.)
Step 2: Assigning OCS licenses to your Users
Good luck in your business endeavors and thank you for partnering with PlexHosted!
Please read all the requirements below BEFORE implementing OCS.
Requirements for Audio/Video Conferencing
NOTE: If you are a current Exchange client of PlexHosted, you can download a FREE copy of Outlook 2003/2007 by following the steps found in this FAQ: Download your Free Copy of Outlook.
Create your user accounts on the hosted control panel: HERE
Skip this step if you have previously created users on the Control Panel.
Assign an OCS license to your user: HERE
Install the Win32 OCS Client and configure it for PlexHosted OCS services: HERE
If you have any additional questions related to your plan or setup support assistance, please contact us directly at 1-888-567-6610 or email us at email@example.com and a technical representative will be happy to assist you.
Here is some important literature in relation to OCS usage.
OCS Web Access:
Anti-virus Special Requiements:
At PlexHosted, we are committed to providing the most innovative hosted solutions to our customers. This is why we welcome your comments and actively encourage your feedback and suggestions to enhance your experience and better meet your business needs. If you have a feedback or comment for us, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org