SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create rules in Outlook 2010.
Applicable toAll hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- Outlook 2010
- a hosted Exchange 2010 account
How toNote: There are many rules you can create in Outlook. For teaching purposes and to make it easier, we will learn how to create a rule based on specific words in the subject. Once you see how to create a simple rule you will be able to apply your knowledge to other type of rules you wish to create.
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Go to File - Info and then click on the Manage Rules & Alerts button.
- Click on New Rule.
- Click on Apply rule on messages I receive and then click on Next.
- Check the box with specific words in the subject and then click on specific words in the Step 2 box.
- Enter the desired text in the Specify words or phrases to search for in the subject field and then click on Add. When you are satisfied with your text, click on OK.
- Click on Next.
- Check the box Move it to the specified folder and then click on specified in the Step 2 box.
- Select the folder you wish to send the emails to and then click on OK.
- If you wish to add an exception, click on Next and select the exception. If not, click on Finish.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on OK.
Keywordsopen, share, folder, calendar, contact, Outlook 2010, video, tutorials
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.