SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create rules in Outlook 2007.
Applicable toAll hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- Outlook 2007
- a hosted Exchange 2010 account
How toNote : For teaching purposes and to make it easier, you will learn how to create a rule based on specific words on the subject. Once you see how to create a simple rule, you will be able to apply your knowledge to other types of rules you wish to create.
Note: You can create as many rules as you wish; the basics are the same.
- Open Outlook.
- Go to Tools - Rules and alerts.
- Click on New Rule.
- Under Start from a blank rule, select either Check messages when they arrive to apply the rule to an incoming email or Check messages after sending to apply the rule to a sent email and then click on Next.
- Under Step 1: Select a template, select the task that you want Outlook to apply to the relevant messages (e.g specific words).
The rule should then appear under Step 2: Edit the rule description. Click on the blue underlined value in the step 2 box.
- Enter the word for which you want to create a rule (e.g PlexHosted) and then click on Add.
- Click on OK.
- You should now see the word you added in the Step 2 box. Click on Next
- Select what you want to do with the message. For example, if you want to move a copy to a specified folder, check the appropriated box. Then, click on “specified” in Step 2.
- Select the folder you wish the message to go into (ex: Notes), and then click on OK.
- Back to the Rules Wizard page, click on Next.
- Select exceptions if you wish.
- Once you are done, click on Finish and the rule should take effect right away
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keywordscreate, rule, rules, Outlook
- 7 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to configure Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010 using the...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to add another person's mailbox to your Outlook 2010...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to configure Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010 using...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to remove a message stuck in your Outlook Outbox....
Synopsis This guide will show you how to disable conversation view in OWA 2010....