SynopsisThis guide will show you how to configure Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010 using IMAP .
Applicable toAll hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- Outlook 2007
- a hosted Exchange 2010 account
- Open Outlook.
- Go to Tools > Account settings.
- In the Account Settings window, click on New.
- Under “Choose E-mail service”, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and then click on Next.
- Select the Manually configure server settings option at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Choose E-mail Service, click on Internet E-mail and then click on Next.
- Fill in your Internet E-mail settings mentioned below and then click on More Settings.
- Your name: type a name that you want to appear as being displayed
- Email address: your e-mail address with us
Note: After authenticating yourself, you will not be able to send out messages after pressing the Test E-mail Settings button. You will then need to use the SMTP server address of your ISP provider, as their mail server will not allow e-mail relays.
- Account type: choose IMAP in the menu
- Incoming mail server: webmail.plexhosted.net
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.plexhosted.net
- User Name : your SAM Account name.
- Password: your password
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- For the Incoming Server (IMAP), enter 993 and check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). For the Outgoing Server, enter 587 and select TLS for the type of encrypted connection. Then, click on OK.
- Back to Internet E-mail Settings, click on Next.
- Click on Finish.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsIMAP, configuration, configure, setting, SMTP
- 6 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to export an outlook pst file from Outlook 2010....
Synopsis This guide will show you how to download your Offline Address Book (OAB) if you...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to access another person’s calendar or other...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to let others see your Outlook folders....
Synopsis This guide will show you how to configure Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010....