SynopsisThis guide will show you how to export Local Contacts, Local Calendar events, Mail, Tasks and Notes using Entourage.
Applicable toAll hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- Entourage 2008
- a hosted Exchange 2010 account
How toNote: You may localize local content as well as server content in Entourage within one working window (also called an Entourage Profile). At the top left-hand side of Entourage, you have the names of your existing Exchange, POP/IMAP accounts, their contacts, email folders, and calendar events. If you scroll down, you will find an “On My Computer” folder icon where you can find the appropriate FAQ. The “On My Computer” folder acts as an offline archive for past calendar events, emails and contacts (address book) which have been moved from email accounts so you can access this information locally.Note: When exporting the entire content of your mailbox, you are only exporting the folder “On My Computer”. Therefore, you have to export your contact and calendar items manually.
Exporting an Entourage File Archive (.rge):Note: An Entourage File Archive (.rge) will export the following: mail, local calendar events, local address book, notes, and tasks.
- Open Entourage.
- Go to File - Export.
- Click on Items to An Entourage Archive - All Items (or select the items you wish to archive between Mail, Local Contacts, Local Calendar Events, Notes and Tasks). Once done, click on the right arrow button.
- In the Delete Archived Items window, click on No, keep the items in Entourage after they are archived and then click on the right arrow button.
- Name the .rge file in the Save As field, select where you would like to save it in the Where field, and then click on Save.
- Entourage will now start exporting and saving your data.
- When Entourage informs you that the export is completed, click on Done to complete the export.
Exporting Contacts via a vCard file (.vcf):
- Resize your Entourage so you can see the desktop.
- Navigate to the email account containing your Contacts icon and then drag and drop the Contacts icon to the desktop.
Exporting Calendar Items via a Calendar Data Exchange file (.ics):
- Resize your Entourage so you can see your desktop.
- Navigate to the email account containing your Calendar icon and drag and drop the Calendar icon to the desktop.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keywordsexport, calendar events, contacts, notes, .rge, .vcf, .ics, tasks, On my Computer, Address Book, Entourage
How to export Local Contacts, Local Calendar events, Mail, Tasks and Notes using Entourage (Exchange 2010)
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to access the Global Address List (GAL) with...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to download Outlook or Entourage from your Control...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to set up Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition with...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to add a public folder in Entourage with Exchange...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to configure Entourage 2008 using the IMAP protocol...