SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create a Power View report in the document library using shared data source (RSDS) connection file at the SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence site.
Applicable toAll PlexHosted accounts subscribed to SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence plan.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence site
- Login to the SharePoint 2013 site as an administrator.
- Navigate to the document library in which you are going to create your RSDS connection file and Power View report.
- Go to the Library tab and click on Library Settings.
- Navigate to the Advanced Settings.
- Choose Yes under Allow management of content types? and click OK.
- Under the Content Types click on the Add from the existing site content types hyperlink.
- Choose Report Data Source from the available site content types, click Add and then OK.
- Return to your document library, in the Files tab click New Document and choose Report Data Source.
- Enter the name for your RSDS file and choose Microsoft BI Semantic Model for Power View from the Data Source Type menu.
- In the Connection String field enter a pointer to the data source in the following format:
Data Source=http://yourdomain.com/Shared Documents/YourWorkbook.xlsx
If you are using a workbook from the PowerPivot Gallery the pointer will be like:
- In Credentials leave Windows authentication (integrated) or SharePoint user option selected and click on Test Connection. If connection created successfully, click OK.
- Now you can see your shared data source (RSDS) connection file. Click on it to create a Power View report.
- Create your report and click on Save as in the File menu.
- Now you are prompted to save report to the document library. Provide the name for your report and click Save.
- Return to the document library and refresh the page. You can see your Power View report created using the shared data source (RSDS) connection file.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsSharePoint 2013, Enterprise, Business Intelligence, document library, report, Power View, create, data connection file, RSDS
How to create a Power View report in the document library using shared data source (RSDS) connection file (SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence site)
- 7 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create a Power View Map at the SharePoint 2013...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to show Power View report at the SharePoint 2013 page...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to change the view in the PowerPivot Gallery at the...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create PowerPivot Gallery at the SharePoint...
Synopsis This guide will show you how show a Power View report at the SharePoint 2013 page...