SynopsisThis guide will show you how show a Power View report at the SharePoint 2013 page using Silverlight Web Part.
Applicable toAll PlexHosted accounts subscribed to SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence plan.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence site
- Login to the SharePoint 2013 site as an administrator.
- Navigate to the page on which you want to show your Power View report or create a new page.
- If you have created new page, go to the Insert tab and click on Web Part. If want to add a Power View Report to the existing page, first check out this page, and click the Edit button on the ribbon.
- From the Media and Content category choose Silverlight Web Part and click Add.
- You will be prompted to enter the URL path for the Silverlight application. (That setting and address is also available when editing web part settings in the Application section when you click on the ‘Configure…’ button.) Enter the URL and click OK. The URL path to the Silverlight application is the following:
- SharePoint will load the Silverlight component. If it fails – no worries, there are several settings that need to be entered to make it work. Click on "Edit Web Part" from the Web Part drop down menu.
- Specify the title, height and width for the web part in the Appearance section.
- Under Other Settings click on the button with the ellipsis (...) near the Custom Initialization Parameters box.
- In the text editor enter the initialization parameters for your report. The initialization parameters have the following format:
We have used the following parameters in our web part:ItemPath=http://yourcompanydomain.com/PowerPivot%2520Gallery%2FPower%2520View%2520Report.rdlx,ReportServerUri=http://yourcompanydomain.com/_vti_bin/reportserver/,ViewMode=Presentation,ServerTraceLevel=1,AuthenticationMode=Windows,ReportSection=ReportSection
Additionally, you can find these parameters if you open the "View Source" of the Power View editor in browser. There you can see the "InitParams" and the necessary parameters after it. (If you have used this method, make sure that you have replaced the encoded characters like %20 or %2F to the appropriate symbols – space, / etc.)
- Click Apply to make sure that your initialization parameters work and you can see the report.
- If everything works, click OK.
- Click on Save button either from Format Text tab or from the ribbon to save the changes on the page.
- Go to the Publish tab and click on Publish button.
- A publish window will pop up where you can add your comments. Click Continue.
- Now you can see the published page with your Power View report.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsSharePoint 2013, Enterprise, Business Intelligence, page, report, Power View, Silverlight Web Part, Report, show
- 1 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to show Power View report at the SharePoint 2013 page...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to change the view in the PowerPivot Gallery at the...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create a Power View Map at the SharePoint 2013...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create PowerPivot Gallery at the SharePoint...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create a Power View report in the document library...