SynopsisThis guide will show you how to add a domain alias at the McAfee Control Console.
Applicable toAll Exchange accounts with McAfee SaaS Email Protection service enabled.
- An Exchange account with McAfee anti-spam/anti-virus service enabled.
Introduction: A user with the role of Customer Administrator can manage domain aliases at the McAfee Control Console. Domain aliases inherit characteristics from the primary domains to which they are associated. You must own the rights to the domain alias name in the same way you own the rights to the primary domain name. When a user is created in a primary domain, user alias accounts are automatically created in each domain alias. All primary domain policies and configurations apply to all associated domain aliases. All quarantined messages for the domain alias are stored in the primary domain’s quarantine area.
- Sign in to the McAfee Control Console as Customer Administrator (https://plexhosted.portal.mcafeesaas.com).
- Navigate to the Account Management – Domains tab
- Click on the primary domain to which you what to add an alias.
- Click on Edit Aliases button.
- Type the alias you want to add to this primary domain.
- Click on Add.
- Click on Done.
- The domain alias has been added to your primary domain.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.