SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create and activate new policy at the McAfee Control Console.
Applicable toAll Exchange accounts with McAfee SaaS Email Protection service enabled.
- An Exchange account with McAfee anti-spam/anti-virus service enabled.
Introduction: All people in your organization automatically have their email filtered against the Default Policy set. This policy has predefined best-practice rules already defined and it can be modified by a user with a Customer Administrator role. The only reason to create a new policy is if there are members in your organization that need their email filtered against rules that differ from the rules in the Default Policy.
When you create a new policy, you need to create a group to subscribe to the policy. This identifies the members of the group that will have their email filtered against the policy. This is the only way the newly created policy becomes active.
Step 1 – Create a Group of users:
- Sign in to the McAfee Control Console as Customer Administrator. (https://plexhosted.portal.mcafeesaas.com).
- Navigate to the Account Management – Groups.
- Click on New button.
- Specify the name of your group, enter the description if necessary and click Save.
- Choose your new group and click Edit or double click on the newly created group.
- Go to the Members tab, choose the members for this group and click on Add.
- Click Apply.
- If you have assigned the role of Group Administrator to any user previously, you can choose the Administrator for your new group in the Administrators tab. This step is optional since a user with Customer Administrator role can manage any filtering policy within your organization.
- Apply the necessary changes and close the window.
Step 2 – Create and activate new inbound policy:
- Go to the Email Protection - Policies tab.
- Click on New.
- Specify the name of your new policy.
- Enter the description of the policy and choose it`s owner. If you choose Customer as owner of the policy, only users with Customer Administrator role will be able to manage it. If you choose Group as owner, this policy will be managed by users with roles of Group Administrator and Customer Administrator.
- When creating a new policy, you must copy settings from another policy. Choose the policy in the Copy From drop-down menu. When copying from an existing policy, the policy actions are copied, however manually entered lists are not copied. Choose all entries from what lists do you want to copy.
- Click Save and close the New Policy Set window.
- Choose the newly created policy and click on Edit or double click the new policy.
- Edit the policy according to your needs.
- Go to the Group Subscriptions tab.
- Choose the group to subscribe to this policy and click Add.
- Click Save and you can close the policy window now. Your new policy has been created and activated.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.