SynopsisThis guide will show you create a new navigation form in Access 2010 and set it as default display form.
Applicable toAll PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 Enterprise accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 Enterprise account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 site
- Microsoft Access 2010
How toStep 1 – Creating a new navigation form
- Open the database to which you want to add a navigation form in Access 2010. (We`ve used a Contact web database template for our sample database)
- On the Create tab, in the Forms group, click Navigation, and then select the style for your navigation form.
- Now you can see your new blank navigation form.
- Add the necessary objects to the tabs. You can do this by the following ways :
- Click on the Add New tab and then click again on it to enter the name for this tab. Type the name of the object and press Enter. You can see that the object was added to the tab.
- Drag the necessary object from the navigation pane to the tabs area.
- Right-click on the Add New tab and choose Insert Navigation Button from the menu.
- On the Design tab, in the Tools group, click on Property Sheet button.
- Enter the name of your new tab in the Caption field.
- In the Navigation Target Name field choose the name of the object from the drop-down menu.
- Now you can see that the object is attached to this tab. If the name of the tab doesn’t fit you can widen the tab.
- After adding all the necessary objects right-click on the navigation form and click Save.
- Click OK in Save As window to accept the default name of the form.
- Now you can rename the form header. Double click on it and enter the necessary name.
- To see how your navigation form works click on View button and choose Form View. Step 2 – Setting this navigation form as default display form
- Go to the File – Options – Current Database.
- To set the Navigation Form as default form that is displayed when you open the database in Access, under Application Options, select this form from the Display Form list.
- To set the Navigation Form as default form that is displayed when you open the database on the SharePoint site, under Application Options, select this form from the Web Display Form list.
- Click OK.
- Now you can publish your database to SharePoint 2010.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support team.
KeywordsSharePoint 2010, Access 2010, database, navigation form, create, default, Enterprise feature
How to create a new navigation form in Access 2010 and set it as default display form (SharePoint 2010)
- 12 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to synchronize SharePoint's lists with Microsoft...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to integrate Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2010 with...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create and publish InfoPath template to a...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create and publish an InfoPath form to the...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to publish Microsoft Visio 2010 Diagrams...