SynopsisThis guide will show you how to manage permissions or set unique permissions for a list, library, folder or document item in the SharePoint 2013 site.
Applicable toAll PlexHosted SharePoint 2013 accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2013 account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2013 site
- Login to the SharePoint 2013 site as an administrator.
- Navigate to the list, library, folder or document item for which you want to assign a unique permissions.
- In the Library tab click on Shared With button in the Settings section (If you want to manage permissions for a folder or documents, select this folder or item and click on Shared With button in the Files tab).
- In the Shared With window click on Advanced.
- Click on Stop Inheriting Permissions in the Inheritance section to create unique permissions for a library (list, folder or document item).
- Click OK in the dialog box appeared.
- Click on Grant Permissions.
- Enter the email address as username of a user for whom you want to grant permissions in the Invite people box and click on Show Options.
- Select a permissions level for this user from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Share.
- Now you can see that this user has been granted unique permissions for this library (list, folder or document item).
- Permissions are the authorization to perform specific actions such as viewing pages, opening items, and creating subsites.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsSharePoint 2013, document, permissions, manage, folder, library, list, unique permissions
- 29 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create a new SharePoint 2013 permissions level....
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create new SharePoint 2013 users group and add...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to add a user to your SharePoint 2013 site....