SynopsisThis guide will show you how to enable Audit Log Trimming (how to monitor SharePoint document downloads).
Applicable toAll PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 Standard and Enterprise accounts
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 Standard or Enterprise site
- Log in to the top-level site of the site collection as an administrator.
- Go to Site Actions – Site Settings.
- Under Site Collection Administration header click on Site collection audit settings.
- Configure audit settings for your site collection:
- In the Audit Log Trimming section set Automatically trim the audit log for this site? to Yes. Note that you can optionally specify the number of days of audit log data to retain (if not specified it will use the Farm setting, which is the end of the month by default) and the location to store audit reports before trimming the audit log.
- Specify the events to audit in the Documents and Items section.
- Specify the events to audit in the Lists, Libraries, and Sites section.
- Click OK.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.