SynopsisThis guide will show you how to share folders in Outlook 2010
Applicable toAll hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- a hosted Exchange 2010 account
Steps required for a person who wants to share a folder:
- Start Outlook 2010.
- Enable Folder list view (click at the Folder List icon at the bottom of the Home tab or press Ctrl+6).
- Grant at least "Folder visible" permissions for all folders that you want to for the account to which you want share a folder. Please note if you want to share a subfolder of some default folder you need to grant the same permissions for all of the top level mailboxes (e.g. you want share a folder “Test” that is located in Inbox folder - in this case you need grant at least "Folder visible" permissions for the three folders: root folder, "Inbox" folder and "Test" folder). To do this you need :
- Right-Click on the root folder and choose Folder Permissions.
- In the properties window choose Permissions tab in it and click on Add.
- Choose a user for whom you want to give permissions, click Add and then OK.
- Choose the permission level for this user, e.g. Reviewer. And choose the necessary settings for this folder. Click Apply and OK.
- Then right-click on the Inbox folder and choose Properties.
- In the Properties window choose Permissions tab and grant at least Folder visible permission to a user. Click OK.
- Now you can right-click to the folder you want to share, choose Permissions tab and grant the necessary permissions to user by the same way as you did for Inbox folder.
Steps required for a person who wants to see a shared folder :
- Run the Outlook 2010 program.
- Go to the File tab, click Account Settings and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Double click at the account name.
- Click More Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and click the Add button.
- Type the mailbox address of the person which has shared a folder and OK. Click Apply, OK, Next, Finish and Close.
- Go to the File tab in Outlook 2010, select the Open tab at the left side and click Other user`s folder.
- Click Name and select required account name, select a folder type (in our example it should be the Inbox type) and click OK.
- Now you can see a shared folder. If you can`t see it immediately, please restart your Outlook 2010.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
KeywordsOutlook 2010, share, folder, Exchange 2010
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to import an Outlook .pst file into Outlook 2010....
Synopsis This guide will show you how to share a folder with another user in Outlook 2011...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to add another person's mailbox to your Outlook 2010...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to export a set of rules with Outlook 2010....
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create an identity in Outlook 2011 for Mac for...