SynopsisThis guide will show you how to setup 'Litigation Hold' feature and use 'Multi-Mailbox' search.
Applicable toHosted Exchange Enterprise 2010 accounts.
- a hosted Exchange Enterprise 2010 account
- Login to OWA using your organization Administrator's credentials.
- Go to Options - See all options;
- Select 'Manage My Organization';
- Open 'Roles & Auditing', proceed to 'Administrator Roles' and create a new 'Role Group' with the distinct name 'Discovery Management'. Add the 'Legal Hold' (to allow user enable this feature on mailboxes) and 'Mailbox Search' (to allow user use multi-mailbox search) roles to that group and add the needed members into the group. Click on Save.
- The next step is to select all the e-mail boxes you want to enable 'Litigation Hold' feature for. To do so, you need to proceed to 'Users & Groups' – 'Mailboxes', select mailbox and press 'Details'.
- The new window appears. There you need to proceed to 'Mailbox Features' and enable 'Litigation Hold' feature.
- You will be prompted whether to notify the mailbox owner that the litigation has been enabled on the mail box or not. It is up to you.
- You need to repeat steps 5, 6, 7 for all the mailboxes you want to enable 'Litigation Hold' feature for. Please note that enabling of this feature is not an instant process, and may take up to an hour to enable the feature on mailbox (it depends on mailbox size, etc.)
- The next step is to prepare 'Multi-Mailbox Search' itself. Please proceed to 'Mail Control' – 'Discovery' and press 'New' button.
- The new window with the search parameters appears.
- Here you can specify the Search pattern.
- Specify mailboxes to search.
- Specify your search name (up to you), search options (to store full search result or display brief info only), whether to send an e-mail with the results to you and press Save.
- Search will be launched automatically.
- You will be emailed with the search results as soon as the search is completed, if you have specified 'Send me an e-mail when the search is done' on step 14.
- You will be able to have even more detailed information by clicking 'open' link at the 'Mail 'Control' – 'Discovery'.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.