SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create and change the master page via SharePoint Designer.
Applicable toAll PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 site
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer
- Log in to your SharePoint site as an administrator and make sure that SharePoint Designer and Customizing Master Pages and Page Layouts are enabled at your site collection. To do this go to Site Actions - Site Settings and choose SharePoint Designer Settings under the Site Collection Administration header.
- See whether the Enable SharePoint Designer and Enable Customizing Master Pages and Page Layouts options are checked or check them if they are not. Then click OK.
- Open your site in the SharePoint Designer and choose Master Pages at the Navigation menu.
- Make a copy of the existing master page (SharePoint 2010 uses v4.master by default).
- Rename a copy of the master page (do not remove .master extension in the new name).
- Click on this new master page and click on Edit file .
- You can see your new master page in the editor tool. Make the changes you wish (you can apply styles, remove elements etc.).
- After all changes were made click on Save button in the SharePoint designer (you may also right click on the tab and then to choose Save).
- Right-click on your new master page in the Master pages folder and choose Set as Default Master Page.
- Now you can review your changes at your SharePoint site.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.