SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create an email alias for a user in the Exchange Control Panel.
Applicable toAll hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- a hosted Exchange 2010 account
- Log in to your ECP under administrator account.
- Click on “Manage my organization” .
- Double click on the user for whom you wish to create an email alias.
- Choose E-mail Options section and click on Add under the “Other e-mail addresses” header.
- “Add an E-mail Addresses” window will pop-up. Enter the new email alias and click OK.
- Click on Save at the “Mailbox” window.
- The new email alias was added to this account.
Note: You may have as many email aliases as you wish. All emails sent to your aliases (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) will then be forwarded to your authentic email address (e.g. email@example.com). To check the inbox status of your aliases, you must check your authentic inbox email account.
Note: If the alias address requires a different domain name (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), you must first create a domain alias.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.