SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create a simple List workflow in SharePoint Designer
Applicable toAll PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 site
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer program
- Open the Microsoft SharePoint Designer.
- Click on File tab and Open your SharePoint site.
- At the New Item tab choose List workflow.
- Specify the name of your new workflow and the list to associate with it. The list you can choose from the drop-down menu.
- You will see 1 step of your workflow. To begin, you need to add a condition to it. Choose the needed condition by clicking on the Condition button. For example - if any value equals value. (You can use any number of steps for your workflow and set them to run parallel or in sequence.)
- Specify the values for your condition (For example, Created by equals name/names):
- Define the First value (click on value hyperlink and choose the necessary settings from the drop-down menus)
- And the second value. (Choose the name of a person)
- Choose the Action for the condition created. (For example, Send an Email).
- Specify the values for your action (choose the receiver of the action - for our example).
- After all the necessary conditions and actions are configured, click on the Check for Errors button. If there are any mistakes in the steps you will see and correct them.
- Click on the Workflow Settings button and choose the necessary start options for your workflow. You can set the workflow to start manually or automatically.
- Click Save, and then Publish
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.