SynopsisThis guide will show you how to fix the appearance of "continuous password prompt window" on a SharePoint Site.
Applicable toAll PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 account
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 site
- Go to the Tools-Internet Options-Security.
- Choose the security tab and click on "Trusted Sites".
- Then click on Sites and a window will appear.
- Type or paste your site URL and remove the check in the box "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone".
- Click on Add and Close.
- Click the button Custom level in the “Security level for this zone” section.
- Scroll down the menu, check the option “Automatic logon with current username and password” under “User Authentication” header and click OK.
- Choose Yes when prompted to confirm changing settings. Then click OK in the Internet Options window.
- Go to Windows Control Panel – Credential Manager (in the User Accounts and Family Safety section).
- Click on Add a Windows credential.
- Complete form with correct credentials.
- Type your SharePoint URL (without HTTPS).
- User name.
- Click OK.
- Try to access SharePoint site by IE. Type your credentials at the prompt and check the box “Remember my credentials”, click OK.
- Next time when accessing your SharePoint site you won`t be prompted for credentials.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the PlexHosted support staff.