SynopsisThis guide will show you how to add a Web Part in SharePoint 2010.
Applicable toAll PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 accounts.
- a PlexHosted SharePoint 2010 account
How toNote: Make sure the Web Part you intend on installing is compatible with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
Step 1 – Uploading the Web Part in SharePoint
- Make sure you are logged into SharePoint as the site administrator.
- Navigate to the parent site.
- Go to Site Actions - Site Settings.
- Under Galleries, click on Web Parts .
- Go to Library Tools Documents- Upload Document.
- Click on Browse.
- Select the file you wish to upload and then click on Open.
- Click on OK.
Step 2 – Adding the Web Part to a page
- Navigate to the page where you want to install the Web part.
- Go to Site Actions - Edit Page.
- Click on Add a Web Part where you want to install the new part.
- In the Web Part list, select the part you want to install and then click on Add.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- The top-level site is called a parent site and the subsites built within it are called child sites.
KeywordsSharePoint, Exchange, Web part, add
- 7 Users Found This Useful
Synopsis This guide will show you how to view your SharePoint Foundation 2010 site in...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to publish a SharePoint blog article via Microsoft...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create drop-down menu in the SharePoint Foundation...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to create a simple List workflow in SharePoint...
Synopsis This guide will show you how to add a link on the Top Link Bar in your SharePoint...